Strategy & Operations Manager - New Venture at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
About FIS Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team called FIS Impact Labs. The Impact Labs team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS.
FIS Impact Labs has launched an innovative new venture that is currently in stealth mode. We are looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the venture!
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale an incredibly exciting new venture while leveraging FIS strengths to dramatically accelerate success. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape and provide immense value to our customers!
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for an exceptional Strategy and Ops Manager who is passionate about building a first in class corporate venture from the ground up. Working hand by hand and reporting directly to the General Manager of a recently built venture, this position is focused on helping the General Manager owning and supporting ad-hoc initiatives, helping with overall planning, helping lead projects with Heads of different teams, managing the day-to-day operational needs or designing and managing team KPIs.
We are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in building and scaling a new team. You excel at building cross-functional relationships to achieve desired outcomes. You enjoy the balance between developing a strategy and operationalizing it. You have a passion for innovation and disruption. You are serially curious and obsessed with continuous learning.
- Design and manage team KPIs for reporting to executive stakeholders
- Own or support ad-hoc strategic projects, requests and/or analysis, as needed, e.g., helping the team map out an improved process for marketing involvement to ensure we ship products efficiently
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the venture, which includes partnering with finance on budgeting and forecasting, with product analytics on insights, and with growth leaders on annual and semi-annual plans
- Lead and improve overall planning, setting best practices for goal-setting and prioritization, knowledge sharing and continuous learning, headcount planning and budget allocation, etc.
- Lead projects with leaders to optimize organizational health and structure, helping to scale the organization and build team culture, e.g., role clarity and interaction models between groups
- Manage venture organization information cadence and processes, including internal communications (Q&A, All-Hands, posts or email updates), business updates (business reviews, bi-annual management team updates, etc.), executive meetings
- Drive operational excellence in the organization through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or improve processes and approaches to the business, e.g., leading initiatives around reporting, data transparency, and data accuracy across multiple stakeholder groups (sales, marketing, finance, sourcing, recruiting, legal, and product)
- 3+ years of experience in operations strategy, strategy, operations, planning, strategic planning, project planning, business planning
- Track record of building strong relationships cross-functionally
- Deep expertise in data-driven analysis
- Exceptional executive presence and communication skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- History of delivering high-quality results
Nice to have
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or consulting firm, ideally at a fintech startup/ consulting firm.
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$91,200 - 153,210
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.