Strategic Vertical Director- Utilities, Telco & Government at FIS (Remote)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will drive FIS’s comprehensive strategy (prioritized markets/customers; go-to-market approach; long-term strategic position; value proposition; etc.) for merchants in our Utilities, Telco and Government verticals. Reporting to the Head of Vertical Growth, you will plan, coordinate, manage and execute the strategy and go to market of our Utilities, Telco and Government verticals globally and across channels (ecommerce and face to face). It will involve an analytical component and will also require engagement with critical stakeholders from across the business, e.g.: Business Development, Relationship Management, Marketing & Demand Generation, Partner Management, Product, and Delivery. This is a US-based role but will incorporate regular contact with all priority markets and regions including US, EMEA, LATAM and APAC.
You will be defining our key strategic sub-verticals in a way that aligns with our product proposition and will provide input into the product strategy / roadmap, marketing initiatives, partner development, and directly support the delivery of new and existing business.
You will manage a team of strategy managers and GTM managers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Key role attributes:
- Coordinate and drive execution of strategic and commercial initiatives that involve a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders
- Own and maintain a plan that further cements Worldpay’s position as a thought leader and influencer in the Utilities, Telco and Government space
- Support various regional commercial teams on ad-hoc strategic and tactical requests including participation in account meetings and RFPs, helping to create target lists, and keeping them informed of vertical trends
- Define and execute our Utilities, Telco and Government Plan to Win globally
- Clarify the sub-vertical product proposition to win in each market
- Define the go-to-market plan ensuring we are effectively targeting our marketing and partner cultivation efforts
- Provide input into the product roadmap, acting as voice of the customer in your sub-verticals
- Develop a strong internal network among key functions (e.g., Commercial, Product, Technology)
- Attend and present at industry and internal conferences
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a peripatetic role as may involve global travel and attendance of commercial meetings and representing Worldpay at external industry conferences
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of confidence and a ‘can do’ attitude as the role will involve the need to think outside the box in order to develop strategic initiatives
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with key stakeholders in other departments and divisions of Worldpay is essential
- Emerging leadership capability, usually cross-functionally on projects
- Fast-developing knowledge of target verticals and broader payments industry
ADDED BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years strategy experience from a management consultancy firm or at another mid/large-size company
- 3+ years expertise within any of the industries you are looking after - Utilities, Telco and Government
- You have been central to wide-ranging strategic decision-making processes and are comfortable making choices and assessing trade-offs
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.