Strategic Success Manager
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that's building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it's no wonder we've been named a "Top Place to Work" by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
The Strategic Success Manager role responsible for ensuring the overall success of a select portfolio of our largest customers by becoming a trusted strategic advisor. Pivotal to your success will be ability to drive greater business value and executive alignment between Carbon Black and the customer to develop and nurture a consultative relationship with CISOs and other key security leaders within a customer organization, as well as build strong relationships with the "hands on" security personnel. This will include not only identifying revenue opportunities, but also helping identify new use cases and growth opportunities by informing the customer of our latest innovations, and capabilities and match these to the clients' business goals.
What You'll Do
- Works with Sales Account Manager to bring in renewals and add-on opportunities
- Builds and elevates strategic relationships with CISOs and other key security leaders within their account
- Presents quarterly business reviews with customers to ensure ongoing partnership
- Ensures a smooth and successful transition from the engagement manager on the service delivery to operations
- Facilitates regular roadmap conversations between customer and product management
- Assists with case escalation; reacts nimbly and oversees internal support and development resources to ensure issues are resolved quickly and with high quality
- Assists Carbon Black marketing by encouraging customers to appear in Carbon Black related marketing materials/events including but not limited to, customer reference calls, whitepapers, magazine quotes/articles, speaking at conferences
- 30-50% travel
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years professional service or client management experience
- 5+ years enterprise software implementation experience
- Experience as a TAM in a similarly sized organization
- Proven long-term customer relationship skills; passionate about customer success
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Solid negotiation experience
- Solid understanding of IT security strategies
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration, including support and security operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Proficient in Windows 2000, XP,7, 2003/2008 server and supporting technologies/products
- High-level knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud.With more than 13 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,600 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.