Strategic Sourcing Coordinator at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Project Services team is booming with business and we need your help! Our Strategic Sourcing Coordinators are tasked with developing strong relationships with our hotel suppliers to gather, qualify, organize, log and execute booking request for Hotel Engine Account Manager clients. They transfer accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments internally and externally with hotels/suppliers. In addition, Coordinators collaborate with Account Managers to effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and have a natural self-motivation, this role is for you!
•Assist client facing departments with hotel booking requests by researching destinations, rates and other criteria to successfully pair clients with the perfect hotel for their budget, location, and quality needs in a timely manner
•Network with hotels to build strong relationships and secure preferred pricing
•Foster positive and long-lasting relationships with hotel suppliers and Account Managers
•Assist in operational planning, projects, and all other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
•Accurately update and manage Hotel Engine’s internal database and CRM (Salesforce)
•An innovative mindset; constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline processes
•Occasional nights and weekend work may be required
Compensation: The hourly rate for this role is $22.11/hour with opportunity for overall target earnings based on performance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to problem solve independently
• Extremely organized and highly motivated with the ability to prioritize work and adhere to strict timelines
• Ability to handle stress and maintain professional composure, while managing and working on multiple request and projects simultaneously
• No stranger to ambiguity, learning new software and an evolving department vision
• A go-getter mentality with a natural self-motivation.
• 2+ years of hotel industry experience specifically working in Groups reservations is preferred!
• Knowledge navigating and tracking within Salesforce, Saber or any GDS system is a plus!
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program