Strategic Customer Success Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager, you will own a book of large, enterprise customers, and you will be responsible for driving growth, renewals, value, and partnerships across those customers to ensure they are actively engaged and fully recognizing the ROI of the Checkr solution. Partnering directly with the customer’s executive team, you’ll have polished communication and strong executive presence, coupled with the unique ability to act as a trusted advisor and advocate while seeking out opportunities for growth and goals for renewal. You will work alongside an elite team of fellow Customer Success professionals that succeed through collaboration, grit, and constant learning.
- Execute all phases of the post-sales client lifecycle, including ownership of a revenue quota, negotiation of renewals and upsells, and strategic account management.
- Be a product and industry expert, and act as a trusted advisor and consultant to ensure your customer is leveraging the full value of Checkr
- Develop, execute, and maintain strategic account plans and QBRs to drive business value and ROI
- Establish strong relationships with decision-makers and key influencers within each account in your book of business
- Identify, clearly communicate and manage risk throughout the year through proactive touchpoints and taking the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Design and execute on a value roadmap for your customers
- Be consultative and build in-depth relationships and a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives
- Introduce and implement new products and features to your customers based off of needs that you have uncovered in your day to day strategic conversations
- Strongly drive pilots to conversion and respond to any RFPs at your customers
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Sales, Support, and Execs) to complete customer goals, be the voice of the customer to provide visibility and/or escalations, and maintain strong reference ability across your book of customers
What you bring:
- 10+ years of post-sales account management or existing account growth experience successfully owning a $MM portfolio of large enterprise relationships with deep technical/product needs
- Experience with ownership of account renewals and exceeding upsell goals
- Strong customer focus, you care about your customers and view their success as your own
- Ability to navigate enterprise organizations’ political landscape to develop and expand relationships at all levels while driving large-scale, high-visibility, strategic initiatives for customers
- Excellent in business, and written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner for both executive and end-user audiences
- You are flexible, learn quickly, and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of software applications i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Apps, etc.
- You enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- Experience in SaaS space. Human Resources or Staffing space is a plus
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.