Staff System Administrator
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Senior Azure System Administrator for our Cloud Platforms Technology (CPT) team, who will support, document, and grow our Windows server infrastructure. Our current system runs an Internet accessible SaaS application hosted on Microsoft Azure cloud.
This role sits in our Denver office and reports to the Director, Engineering.
What will you do?
- Support and manage our PaaS Azure infrastructure.
- Assure the availability and performance of our SaaS system
- Work on technical designs, plans, implementation, and performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical systems.
- Work closely with the Marketo Security Team for SOC compliance, Security posture.
- Be the technical expert for Azure and Windows system administration questions and needs
- Design and deploy best practice system architecture for high availability
- Lead problem-solving efforts with internal and external parties
- Specialize in Azure, Azure PaaS, Azure Containers, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, SQL Server, Docker, Terraform, Powershell, Python
- Work closely with the Product and Development in building and deploying new features
- Respond to service tickets within the SLA
- Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on all systems as needed.
- Integrate with members from other technology teams (GCP, Linux) of the Marketo CPT team.
- Ensure that records of system downtime or other significant events are documented.
- Monitor the remote management system alerts & notifications and respond accordingly.
- Manage monitoring: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, and monitor dashboard and conduct a periodic system review.
- Provide networking diagnostics (CDN, DNS, routing & switching)
Is this you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Minimum 8 years System Administrator experience.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Server 2012, Azure
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Friendly and professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete specific tasks and meet inflexible deadlines.
- Aptitude in problem solving and decision-making.
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer