SRE Surveillance Analyst - NOC at RingCentral
What if you could change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
As a member of the RingCentral Engineering team, you’ll solve complex, business-critical problems with elegant, user-friendly solutions that perform at massive scale. It’s a once-in-a-career chance to get your hands on the latest-and-greatest technologies, and build the platform that’s reshaping the way the world communicates.
SRE Surveillance Analyst - NOC team:
What you'll be doing:
Our SRE Surveillance Analysts are responsible for providing day to day system surveillance and simple trouble-shooting of issues and alarms in a 24x7 Global Network Operations Center, maximizing system performance and availability. You must be able to work in a 24x7 shift environment, with the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors network to detect system issues and/or alarms.
- Investigates alerts and issues and accordingly based on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Swiftly resolves issues or escalates to the appropriate business partner when requiring further attention.
- Provides analysis and support in escalating complex VOIP/voice, data issues or system issues.
- Implements disaster recovery procedures to prevent data and VOIP/voice processing troubles.
- Professionally interacts with business partners, vendors and customers to facilitate swift resolution of issues.
- Promptly enters new data and updates for tracking purposes into multiple trouble ticketing systems, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Effectively documents all steps taken to resolve identified and/or reported issues.
- Promptly responds to incoming communications (telephone calls, emails, instant messaging, etc.) and directs reports and information requests appropriately.
- Assists in the tracking of scheduled network maintenance procedures.
- Ability to act independently with little or no supervision.
- Technical capacity and the ability to troubleshoot, triage and resolve problems related to hardware, software or protocol issues. Basic understanding of cloud computing.
- Works with a sense of urgency responding to active alerts and demonstrates the ability to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Exceptional analytical and problems solving skills.
- Ability to operate independent of direction balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to effectively and professionally communicate with peers, escalation points, partners and vendors.
- Ability to correlate existing alerts/issues with new alerts as part of problem management.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of internet protocols.
- Experience maintaining Linux servers and/or Telnet/SSH in a production environment is a plus
- Experience or understanding of SIP, SoftSwitch, IP, LINUX, VoIP, ticketing systems, related process and procedures is a plus
- Experience with a Monitoring System such as HP Open View, Solar Winds, NET Cool, Zabbix and BMC is a plus.
- Experience working in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Related technical certifications are a plus
Qualification and Skills:
- 2 or more years of work experience
- College degree or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a network operations environment or call center or help desk environment.
- Telecommunications industry experience is a plus.
- At least one year of experience in telephony and Data IP technology.
- 1-3 years technical training preferred.
- Experience with VOIP/Voice or Data network troubleshooting is a plus.
- Previous work on a telecom surveillance system desired.
- previous work in customer facing role desired as related to telecom.
- Moderate proficiency with Microsoft products preferred.
Benefits and Amenities:
● Centrally located in Centennial, CO.
● Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
● Flexible PTO
● 401K match and ESPP
● Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
● On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.