Sr. Support Engineer at Skupos
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:55 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and automates the inventory and ordering process. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
As a Sr.Technical Support Engineer at Skupos, you will be acting as a liaison between our Product/Engineering teams and Field teams. You will provide world class support to all customers on our platform in isolating, diagnosing and fixing technical issues of various complexity in a timely manner. You also will help current and prospective customers/partners understand the power of Skupos by explaining technical features, assisting customers design architectures, and field any potential roadblocks.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Lead in authoring our internal Knowledge Base and developing technical training
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all customer facing and internally used products/solutions
- Partner directly with product management to field and prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to our platform
- Support our Product and Engineering teams by performing extensive product
- troubleshooting, bug assessment and review (log analysis/troubleshooting process)
- Provide formal root cause analysis on critical customer situations
- Work closely with our Sales Team to ensure a seamless migration onto our platform
- Work in conjunction with Account Managers and our Customer Support Team
- Customer Success Team to provide world class customer support to all customers Investigate opportunities to build and maintain technical environments for unique/complex customer integrations and key accounts
- Provide training, support and cyclical feedback to our Field Teams to help drive toward business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of related professional work experience
- Knowledge of the OSI Model (Layers 1-3)
- Depth of understanding and practical knowledge regarding networking terminologies and protocols
- Experience with Wireshark or other packet capturing tools
- Experience using JIRA or other ticketing systems
- CCNA certification is preferred, but CompTIA Network + is acceptable
- Knowledge of ITSEC and PCI-DSS standards and protocols
- Practical knowledge with node.js
- In-depth understanding of Point of Sale systems (POS) and PCI-DSS as it relates to the C-Store industry.
- Extensive technical and extensive analytical skills with the ability to drive towards business goals/needs
- Proven ability to ingest technical information and educate non-technical people on technology that varies in complexity
- Strong willingness to learn, teach and aid in leading change across an entire organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive timelines and resolution targets
- Capability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud, Security and IT technology space
- Ambition and willingness to go above and beyond from what is expected
What We Offer
• Competitive salary
• Healthcare benefits
• Commuter benefits
• Major role in a strong, small and growing development team
• Be a part of a key platform of product offerings to the retail convenience store industry
What are your goals and aspirations? Build your technical skills, business acumen, and leadership with Skupos.
Read Full Job Description