Sr. Network Engineer at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Senior Network Engineer, the person develops and maintain stable, reliable and secure networks. The person mentors a team of junior network engineers to troubleshoot and optimize Vertafore's networks for our users and customers.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge of network architecture, engineering and administration. He/She has excellent problem-solving skills and network troubleshooting skills. The person should have passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and optimize network performance.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Primarily responsible for installation, configuration, repair and lifecycle of all network and security devices, load balancers, and circuits across Vertafore's data centers and office locations
· Provide expertise, installation, support, maintenance, and direction on network and security engineering and architecture requirements
· Supports several network enclaves, defining and maintaining standards across each
· Initiates and manages scheduled maintenance on network and security devices
· Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet customer needs including site-to-site VPNs, remote access VPNs, and leased lines
· Own, define and drive projects to support business requirements and to enhance the network's performance, availability and security
· Applies Quality Control and Quality Assurance principles
· Interpret security advisories and design, implement and test control measures
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
· Writes and maintains complete and concise technical documentation
· Serve as the highest point of escalation for network and network security incidents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong experience in managing and supporting Cisco network environment for hybrid data centers and global offices.
· Experience with multiple firewall vendors including Palo Alto, Cisco and CheckPoint
· Experience with web application firewalls such as Imperva
· Knowledge of network routing protocols including multi-homed BGP and OSPF
· Knowledge of network switching protocols including STP, VPC, and GLBP
· Knowledge and experience with access control protocols such as RSA / ISE / TACACS
· Must have managed and optimized Wi-Fi network for multiple office locations.
· Experience as decision maker– whether alone or for team; own the decision's results
· Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
· Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
· Experience as an escalation engineer in a customer centric role
· Experience interacting with vendors, onshore and offshore and MSPs
· Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management and external customers
· A team player with collaborative and customer centric work ethics
· 7-10 years' experience or certifications with Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XE
· 4-6 years' experience or certifications with Palo Alto, 8.1x gateways / 9.0.x Panorama
· 2-4 years' experience or certifications with F5 – LTM/AFM (18.104.22.168)
· 4-6 years' experience with one or more VPN technologies including AnyConnect, Pulse,
· GlobalProtect, and site-to-site
· CCNP or high certification required
· Security + or similar certification required
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 20% of the time.
· Located in and around Vertafore's data center in DFW area.
· Willing to visit and help with data center activities like major network component upgrades, critical equipment installs or for emergency troubleshooting.
· Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.