Sr Manager, Service Delivery Design and Engineering at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Manager, Waves Engineering position is responsible for the production of a team of Network Wave Engineers to support delivery of managed wavelength services. Projects may encompass greenfield builds, capacity augments, grooms, or decommission of circuits/systems. Budgetary and engineering skills will be used to support various stakeholders (i.e. Business Units, Engineering, Operations, Tier III, Field Services, and Architecture) in the service delivery process. A successful candidate must possess a strong project management background, an experienced knowledge of optical transport technologies, excellent communication skills, excellent team management against productivity SLA’s as well as thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional organization. Having an aptitude to prioritize tasks and timelines, while building strong relationships, are attributes we seek in qualified applicants.
- Manage the team to finish projects on or before revenue commitment dates that are driving the projects.
- Track all-in progress implementation orders and their dependencies with a readout on their specific timelines.
- Organize team to strong production levels using and reporting on metrics and SLAs.
- Develop strong and supportive relationships with internal partners to drive delivery of projects on time.
- Coach team on project management and ownership of projects.
- Hold weekly/daily calls to readout to internal partners on progress of in-flight orders.
- Develop efficiencies in process with internal and external partners to improve SLAs.
- Design, engineer, and recommend hardware solutions to support network projects in progress as needed.
- Serve as network project point-of-contact and escalation.
- Interface between equipment vendor(s) and Zayo stakeholders as needed to validate technical specifications, hardware and software interoperability, and hardware delivery timelines.
- Key interface between equipment vendor(s) and Zayo stakeholders for escalation on new turn ups.
- Facilitate cross-functional communications amongst team members to foster timely resolution of project obstacles.
- Bachelors’ degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or 5+ years’ of relevant telecommunications engineering experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing technical personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of optical fiber technical specifications, testing, and link engineering fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of DWDM network architectures (i.e. FOADM/ROADM/PON/fixed and flex grid) and signal flow.
- Advanced familiarity with telecommunications service protocol structure and testing (i.e. Ethernet/OTN/SONET/SDH/SAN).
- Familiarity with the following optical transport platforms
- Familiarity with Metasolve/M6 database.
- Understanding of telemetry (DCN) network design, IP subnetting, and routing protocols (i.e. OSPF).
- Experience with data center and carrier hotel connectivity and telecommunications facility environments.
- MS Office application capabilities required (i.e. Excel/Visio/Word) and programming/scripting skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/negotiating skills required toward technical/non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while being a constructive contributor to a team.
- Exceptional project management ability.
- Base salary range: $100,000-$110,000
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.