Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Sr. Manager, Perception position reports directly to the Director of Perception and leads the day to day development of Outrider’s perception algorithms. The ideal candidate is motivated, analytical, and a process-driven Manager who can spearhead our growing Perception team. This position requires expertise developing performant reliable algorithms, strong testing experience, attention to detail, and ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & responsibilities
- Lead perception algorithm development to ensure timely delivery of robust and performant features by ensuring thorough design, complete test coverage, efficient implementation, and well analyzed on-vehicle test results
- Identify, recruit, manage, lead, and develop exceptional perception engineers
- Ship complete solutions to key perception efforts including pose estimation, free space estimation, and recognition through individual contribution
- Take responsibility for the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Develop innovative approaches to technical problems and safeguard these inventions by partnering with legal teams to protect intellectual property
- Assist in planning for widespread deployment of autonomous vehicle systems
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the Company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software experience with C++
- 3+ years post graduate professional experience leading applied science software development teams
- Track record of delivering high quality software solutions on schedule
- Passion for testing and integration
- Experience with project management tools
- Expertise with software version control
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Publications or patents related to robotics and perception
- Prior experience leading software development on robotic ground vehicles
- Experience with AWS, Docker, ROS, and Cuda.
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $150,000 - $200,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.