Sr Manager, Corporate Cyber Security at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Security provides direction to a team that designs, develops, implements, maintains and troubleshoots infrastructure that directly protects the Company's global product portfolio and company enterprise environment. In addition, this role will be responsible for identifying security risks to Zayo’s corporate environment, its products and services environments, and Zayo’s public brand; identifying policies and controls to protect against those risks; and validating that the controls are effective.
- Assess the current state of Zayo’s security practices, highlighting areas for immediate and long-term changes
- Develop Zayo’s corporate security roadmap
- Build a strong security function to effectively identify vulnerabilities before production, investing in automation and machine learning techniques where possible
- Ensure risk controls are implemented and fully monitored throughout our system lifecycle
- Evangelize security-first practices across all teams building code, and develop processes to address vulnerabilities in production
- Build a vendor management security practice
- Stay abreast of the shifting security landscape, and communicate across engineering teams to ensure alignment
- Lead the security team for any regulatory or compliance requirements project
- This is a hands-on role that include security Operation, Engineering and Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Keeps abreast of industry related security issues and evaluates those against Zayo’s security posture
- Establishes, maintains and grows critical stakeholder relationships with key internal and customer groups.
- Designs, develops and maintains commercial and in-house solutions to support Company's Security systems.
- Provides technical innovation and people leadership capabilities to the Security Engineering organization.
- Participates in the design, development and troubleshooting of new security features and functionality
- Builds a high performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- 10+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management or security operations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to effectively lead a diverse, multi-functional department.
- Individual must possess a passionate drive to achieve outstanding, timely, and quality results which includes operating best in class telecommunications and network facilities.
- Leads by example, creating an effective and motivated team across the organization.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communications skills to successfully interact as a member of the leadership team and with the leadership of World Class Customers and vendors.
- Exhibit a relentless drive to operate at the highest levels of excellence and process efficiency.
- Confident and mature individual with a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and a can do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage vendor and contract resources in the best interests of the Company
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave