Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The FIS Digital One® digital banking platform’s suite of solutions offers a customer-centric banking experience for your customers, business clients and bankers – providing consistency across digital and mobile self-service and banker-assisted channels.
Built on a single, integrated platform, it transforms the digital banking experience by providing continuous engagement across the enterprise with real-time access to customer, account, and transactional data
What you will be doing
Business/Solution Architect – define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS’ suite of Financial Services Applications. Application Architect – guide application development team through development process. Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus. The IT Architect will work in/with an Agile Development Team to deliver quality products to the customer, with a focus on technical application solutions using best-practices, patterns, frameworks, and standards.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Guides application development team through development process.
- Ensures development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus.
- Makes design decisions and technology recommendations to satisfy business requirements based on product roadmap/vision.
- Establishes a coherent architecture vision of how FIS enterprise software and infrastructure technology will be applied to best address current and expected future application needs.
- Continuously communicates vision in an audience-appropriate manner, both internally and externally, from developers and designers to business owners and customers.
- Makes recommendations based on vision and associated analysis to satisfy tactical, operational, and strategic needs
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in Agile development
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- 12 or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- N-Tier applications or services in JAVA, J2EE, REST, JSON, spring, Sprintboot, hibernate, JAXRS, Swagger, JAXB, Jackson, SOAP, JAX-WS, XML XSD, jboss, maven, GIT, Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure portfolio in Maven, Jenkins, continuous integration, and delivery setup, dockers, OpenShift, ansible, spring boot, GIT, Unix, bitbucket, micro service architecture required
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.