Sr Incident Manager at IHS Markit Digital
Sr. Incident Manager
IHS Markit is looking for a Senior Incident Manager who will be responsible for daily incident management support. The candidate will be responsible for running incidents for the Production, Acceptance, Development or other environments of the IHS Markit infrastructures globally ensuring that service levels are maintained. They will be a focal point for reporting Operational and Security incidents. This role includes the facilitation of resolution for all major incidents, communications via bridge call, email, on-call responsibilities outside of business hours including weekends, daily reporting, ticket administration and general production assurance responsibilities.
The candidate will be self-motivated and responsible. The ability to prioritize under challenging workloads and operation under time constraint is crucial. They must follow established procedures and sufficiently document incidents and resolution steps.
Duties & accountabilities
The operational responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and support of a team that assess escalations and make immediate decisions towards incident resolution.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and guidance to team members.
- Foster a supportive and collaborative team environment for individual contributors.
- Prioritization of all incidents based on impact and urgency
- Identification and classification of incidents based on customer and operational impact
- Responsible for the efficiency & effectiveness of Incident Management process within the Organization
- Owning incident process for the incident management
- Act as the point of contact for the business for the overall management of all incidents raised
- Send communication updates of all incidents until incident resolution
- Managing communications including internal stakeholders, business and leadership
- Engaging resource to resolve the major incidents and thus avoid customer/business impact
- Serves as an escalation point within the Incident Management process, engage next level of management support
- Proactive co-ordination of incidents through to resolution and recovery
- Initiate the Major Incident process when required
- Apply the escalation process when required to ensure focus on high severity incidents
- Using monitoring applications to identify incidents
- Participate in rotational shift 24 x 7 x 365
- Perform administrative tasks for Monitoring Centre Tools, contact, escalation and mailing lists and other documentation or systems
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience preferred; previous experience of working in shifts is mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 years of team leadership or managerial experience.
- Experience working in a framework of formal Incident Management processes and exposure to company-wide ticketing systems are essential.
- Working knowledge of monitoring platforms and applications. Service Now, Monolith, Pager Duty is an advantage.
- ITIL Certified to Foundation level preferred.
- Familiar with basic troubleshooting in Linux, Windows, Network, including public/private cloud environments.
- Experienced and proficient with troubleshooting techniques and problem solving in a 24x7x365.
- Incident management experience with Financial Services is highly desired.
- Incident management experience in Azure, AWS and VMC is highly desired.
- Incident management experience working with DevOps teams is highly desired.
- Efficient multi-tasking.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Stress resilience; ability to think constructively in a crisis.
- Self-motivation with high degree of discipline.
- Dynamic and flexible thought processes.
- Strong orientation on results.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally in English.
- The ability to recognize recurring incidents and document for knowledge base purposes essential.
- Strong inter-personal skills; team player.
- You must love your work and enjoy working with others!