Sr Director, Strategic Networks - Healthcare at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position serves as a key leadership role for the Healthcare vertical. As a healthcare leader you will partner with sales leadership and marketing to create Zayo’s strategies to accelerate growth in the healthcare industry. You will bring a deep understanding of the moving parts in the continually evolving healthcare ecosystem. The role acts as the subject matter expert for healthcare infrastructure and keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors, technology innovation and regulatory developments.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, independent, experienced director level employee to help drive the evolution of how Zayo’s networks can fuel innovation in healthcare. If the future of technology excites you and you embrace the unconventional, we want to hear from you. Success in the role requires senior-level experience in strategy or development for 5+ years, demonstrated leadership working with senior customer executives and hands-on ability to drive the design of Zayo’s healthcare strategy.
- Create the short, medium, and long term plans for measurable commercial success of the Zayo infrastructure solutions for Healthcare
- Collaborate with Zayo senior leadership to provide a roadmap that demonstrates the growth of Zayo solutions in the Healthcare vertical
- Subject matter expert for communications infrastructure based products as well as key evangelist of Zayo’s infrastructure based solutions
- Develop and drive activity to deliver on growth targets for products supporting healthcare
- Identify new markets for Zayo infrastructure and opportunities for product expansion
- Represent the company in customer meetings and with new prospects, including at the executive level. Speak at large engagements on Zayo infrastructure solutions
- Identify new potential accounts and strategic partners. Work with sales and marketing to create relationships with these new companies
- Director / Manager: 6-8 years of strategy or development experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Prior healthcare infrastructure experience a plus
- Education: Undergraduate degree with either an engineering or business focus. MBA a plus.
- Effective Communication: Ability to prepare and present complex material in simple, concise communications to a wide range of audiences
- Financial Analysis: well-developed financial skills including business case development and financial analysis
- Business development: be the subject matter expertise to support the direct sales team as they go to market with Zayo’s healthcare infrastructure products
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus
- Travel estimate of 33%
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the big picture in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave