Sr. Director, NetEx Optimization
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Director of NetEx Optimization oversees the network expenses for Transport Segment (including Waves, SONET, Ethernet and IP Transit). This position is responsible for owning, managing and optimizing all costs associated with 3rd party and intercompany vendor expenses. This position manages the access optimization team with a variety of functions, including off vendor quoting, access planning, network optimization, capacity planning and vendor negotiation.
The ideal candidate will have combined experience in network access and capacity planning as well as a general understanding of operational finance
- Effectively managing embedded base recurring costs and mitigate potential financial risks associated with ongoing business activities
- Provide guidance on vendor management strategy and framework on cost reduction initiatives
- Set optimization targets and team goals; delivery results to optimize Segment EBITDA
- Owning segment vendor relations and negotiations; provide feedback and work with vendor relations to strategically align Zayo Offnet and vendor strategy
- Oversees ongoing network consolidation projects and network acquisition/integration effort
- Provide weekly/quarterly management read out on overall strategy and results
- Travel requirements: may attend various telecom conferences and vendor QBR meeting
- 5-10 year of experience managing telecom network infrastructure and costs
- High aptitude and understanding in operational finance and value creation
- General understanding of Connectivity, Colocation and Cloud products, network engineering, and access planning
- Be able to effectively manage cross-functional team, interact with internal teams and external vendors
- Proficient in interpreting business and technical requirements and making decisions that are optimal for Transport Segment value creation and Cost reduction
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn new technologies, be part of a collaborative team, and maintain a transformational and creative mindset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical and non-technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Proven ability to drive results in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.