Sr. Director, Enterprise Applications at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As the Director of Enterprise Applications, you are responsible for the delivery, management, and implementation of enterprise-based applications that support the company's customers and employees. The Director is responsible for leading the technical, operational and strategic execution of the enterprise systems to ensure it achieves business needs. The Director will set and execute on a roadmap for the organization by collaborating with stakeholders and leadership. This role will act as a thought partner and liaison between internal teams including but not limited to Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Services and Finance.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for support, training, architectural design, and custom dev activities as well as responsible for enhancements, upgrades, data conversations, conversions, release updates for Enterprise Based Applications
- Lead a team managing all aspects of application development and delivery across multiple departments
- Effectively plan, schedule, manage and complete multiple high priority projects
- Develop and lead a collaborative and Agile software development approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability
- Drive the cultural changes necessary to enable a continuous delivery model
- Partner with business functions to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Professional and Technical Competencies
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical
- Experience working with technical & functional resources and following an Agile based delivery methodology
- Data Management and Data Warehouse tools
- Understands general business issues including external factors that impact the business and industry
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization
- Ability to understand the business, business needs and identify areas that can be optimized
- Ability to guide team on multiple tasks and deliver results with aggressive timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Robust interpersonal skills, driven with an attention to detail
- Customer Focus
- Creative and Innovative
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Adaptable/Open to Change
- Exercises Good Judgment
Preferred Experience & Education Requirements
- 7+ years of relevant Salesforce experience required
- 7+ years of relevant NetSuite experience required
- Salesforce Certifications highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Experience in the software as a service industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree Management Information Systems or related field required
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.