Sr. Director, Customer Success at Convercent
Convercent is seeking a Sr. Director, Customer Success! This role will channel our expertise (internally and across customers) to redefine customer success as an enabler of global-scale enterprise adoption, create forecastable growth, and eliminate controllable churn. We want to make customers for life who become our best channel for growth through references and expansion.
Our team of Customer Success Managers helps our customers unlock the value of their experience with Convercent and is accountable for the retention and growth of our customers. Reporting to the EVP of Customer Success, this role will evolve account strategies to broaden our reach across and deeper into our growing enterprise customer account base and align tactics to customer segments, so we apply the right resources and workflows to desired outcomes. This role is a collaborative leader across Customer Success, Professional Services, and Support in defining our go-to-market customer experience strategies for the full set of existing customers. The ideal candidate will have deep account management experience, understand enterprise software sales and adoption lifecycles, work effectively with cross-functional groups, and know how to build and retain a great team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop our Customer Success Management team and associated practices to exceed revenue objectives from our customer base
- Hire, develop, and retain a team of CSMs to align against and achieve Convercent’s revenue retention and growth objectives
- Lead the CSMs through the development and management of strategic account plans and business reviews that can be used to create internal and customer alignment with their desired outcomes.
- Enable and hold team accountable for identifying and developing account expansion opportunities and driving partnership with sales to close opportunities to maximize growth potential while ensuring a frictionless experience for our customers.
- Work with Professional Services to identify opportunities to serve the customer with in a way that expands and optimizes their use of the solution
- Coach the team through pricing and negotiation techniques, and provide tactical training on creating and managing opportunities and quotes through an opportunity lifecycle
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to identify, execute, and measure the effectiveness of customer retention programs
- Work cross-functionally to identify and analyze success drivers and areas of risk, and partner with stakeholder leadership within CS, Sales, and Product to implement continued improvements across the customer lifecycle
- Nurture and identify customer references for use in sales, product, and community activities
- Work with Product, Outcomes (Services), Support, and Sales to institutionalize voice of the customer and other closed-loop customer feedback programs
- 3-5 years of experience leading an account team with bookings and revenue responsibilities within a SaaS organization, preferably with experience with customer success or advocacy roles
- Experience in effective change management to drive organizational alignment to a set of KPI’s tied to retention and expansion of existing customer base.
- Experience in a CS organization driving customer engagement strategies from reactive to proactive, leveraging technology, data and analytics to optimize the customer experience.
- Experience in developing and coaching leaders within CS
- Experience owning an account portfolio, with responsibility for revenue growth and retention number
- Strong customer facing skills and the ability to create and manage relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to effectively communicate and prioritize customer needs, develop interim strategies for success, and partner in business decision making
- Experience with SFDC; experience with Force Management methodology, account management or Customer Success software a plus
- Ability to perform comfortably in a growing, dynamic environment, which requires you to manage multiple tasks and priorities, create processes that scale, and help the team identify and work to their priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with customers, especially at the executive level
- Willingness and ability to have uncomfortable conversations, internally and with our customers, that build trust, candor, and the paths for mutual success
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.