Somatic Clinical Science Liaison - West at Invitae
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical, highly regulated, and overly complex industry against a backdrop of rapid and disruptive technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
At Invitae, we’re building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are expected to help us grow and modify our culture over time, and most importantly, to challenge us when we are not living up to it. It’s important to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust our culture from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About The Role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Somatic Clinical Science Liaison to drive awareness and adoption of Invitae’s somatic assays, along with other oncology products and services available at Invitae.
The primary responsibility of the Clinical Science Liaison is to represent Invitae by serving as scientific and clinical ambassador, provide education and support to develop relationships with external client groups and internal teams.
The CSL is a field-based position and will be expected to travel within their assigned region to educate medical professionals and provide clinical support to Invitae’s sales team. Will give scientific presentations at conferences and company hosted events.
What you will do
- Represent Invitae with clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organizations;
- Provide scientific and clinical presentations on Invitae’s products, with focus on somatic assays;
- Build relationships with thought leaders and key decision makers;
- Function as a clinical and educational resource for internal teams (sales, marketing, training, lab, product development, client services);
- Support health care providers by offering clinical information/education that helps guide medical decisions;
- Develop educational materials for healthcare providers and patients;
- Collect and report market information within company guidelines;
- Attend regional and national trade shows and medical conferences;
- Collaborate with medical societies and organizations and advocacy groups;
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in related clinical and disease states.
What you will need
- Health care professionals with relevant clinical sciences knowledge in somatic and germline oncology will be considered: Medical Doctor (MD), Nurse Practitioner (APRN), Physician Assistant (PA), Pharm D., Genetic Counselor
- Strong knowledge of precision medicine, somatic cancer diagnostics and the clinical genomics space.
- 5 year’s experience in academic, clinical, or industry position;
- Fluent in English, other languages valued;
- Excellent written, oral communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively;
- Willing to travel 60% within assigned region;
- Demonstrates Invitae’s values by acting with integrity, respect and trust;
- Problem solving, decision-making and technical learning.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $116,720.00. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.