On-Site Technical Engineer at Greystone Technology
Greystone Technology is looking for creative, self-accountable IT professionals to engage in our fast-paced, people-driven service model. Average IT people tend to be great at solving technical issues, but poor at understanding the true problems that need to be solved.
We’ve redesigned the way technology services are provided – from the ground up. We don’t start with solutions; we start with questions. Lots of them. Then we listen. Service providers have a well-earned reputation for sharing the answer before knowing the problem, resulting in businesses getting solutions they don’t need to problems they don’t have.
If you think differently, solve creatively, and love to connect with people, we want you to join our mission of digging deep and proving how meaningful IT services can be. It’s as common sense as it is revolutionary.
We are looking for an On-Site Technical Engineer (in other companies this person could hold the title of Jr. Systems Administrator, higher level Help Desk/Desk Side Support, Field Engineer, Tier 2 Technician) to join our Premier Managed IT team. The On-Site Technical Engineer will be responsible for handling the majority of day to day user requests and tickets for one of our Premier Clients. This position requires a person who can communicate about complex ideas and technology in simple everyday terms. The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000.This role will be located in our Denver, CO office and at our client site near Cherry Creek.
- Ticket management and documentation
- Providing first-class customer service to our Premier client
- Being able to shift priorities based on the clients needs and urgency
- Communicating solutions and plans with the client and Greystone team members
- Learning independently about our client’s ever-changing systems
- Working both in our office and on location with our client
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT help desk or desktop support environment
- Proficient in basic Apple support (iPad, iPhone, Mac, Apple watch, and iOS troubleshooting experience)
- Comfortable operating in high intensity situations
- Prioritize and organize tasks based on urgency and needs
- Able to work within a team and independently
- Experience supporting Microsoft Servers
- A demonstrated history of pursuing learning objectives independently
- 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting or supporting Microsoft platforms (e.g. Office 365, Active Directory, all current flavors of Windows)
- Experience troubleshooting or supporting Microsoft platforms (e.g. Office 365, Active Directory, all current flavors of Windows)
- Knowledge of networking principles, what they mean, and how they interact (TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN)
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining peripherals (scanners, fax machines, printers, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting standard hardware issues and running diagnostics
- Knowledge in standard IT Security practices (virus remediation, firewalls, phishing, etc.)
- A strong background in customer service
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn and support various business applications
- Understanding backup and disaster recovery concepts
- Experience with vendor management is a plus
- An awareness of how technology impacts business
- The desire to work as part of a team
- Critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- An empathetic approach to solving customer problems
- Curiosity about technology and the ability and motivation to learn independently
- Professional confidence, and a passion for solving problems
- A positive, courteous demeanor
- An aptitude towards service
- Openness to feedback
- Ability to learn from experience
- A focus on finding appropriate long-term solutions to technical issues
- The ability to own technical problems and see them through to resolution
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in Denver. In fact, it’s Greystone Technology team members themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, inclusion, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our team members enjoy including:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits for you and your family including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, HSA & 401(k) employer contributions
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Very generous paid time off program that is unique to the IT industry
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Yearly work anniversary rewards
- Fun company events, including chili cook-offs, annual company photo shoot, monthly happy hours, cup in hand kickball league, and more!
We’re looking for smart, highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you are ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent. Come as you are and apply today!
How to Apply:
We get a lot of job applications and unfortunately most of them get nothing more than a quick once-over. Please include the usual - a resume and a cover letter, and anything else that will show us that you are interested in and qualified for this specific position. Tell us stories. Show us as much as you can about who you are. Make us panic about the fact that we haven't already hired you. Learn to use Facebook privacy settings or better yet just un-tag yourself in that one picture (you know which one) and then become a fan of our page. Tell us your salary requirements and what kind of cookies we should bake for you on your birthday.
Afraid you’re missing a technological requirement? Apply anyhow. We’re probably okay with teaching you some stuff if you’re as obsessive about customer service as we are.
Greystone Technology is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Greystone recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.