Shipping and Receiving Clerk at AMP Robotics
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Shipping and Receiving Clerk, reporting to the Plant Manager, that will be focused on timely shipping to ensure customer satisfaction, and inbound material to support plant operations.
As our Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you will work to:
- Plan and unload, or load, containers.
- Weigh and record weight of all materials entering, or exiting, our facility.
- Enter weight, description, and pictures of inbound and outbound material into the company database.
- Ensure correct labels are properly placed on all inbound, or outbound, material.
- Generate and send settlements to all suppliers.
- Occasionally communicate with suppliers about inbound shipments.
- Communicate with accounting regarding supplier payment.
- Answer shipping or receiving concerns as they arise.
- Organize and accurately file paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete packing list and invoice to customer on shipped products.
- Work in a self directed manner with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree a plus
- Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) - particularly forklift experience required
- Warehouse management experience
- Knowledge of recycling industry a plus
- Be proficient in data entry with minimal errors, and detail-oriented
- Can work under high time pressure, and keep high work quality under minimum supervision
- Well-organized, initiative, strong sense of responsibility
- Basic math skills
- Advanced computer and handheld (tablet) skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to climb a ladder
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Must use and /or wear required safety equipment at all times
- Able to hear, see, talk
- Hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information
- Vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Speaking abilities to frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Must be able to smell chemicals or materials on fire
- Minimal sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Denver, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $17 - $22 hourly compensation, depending on experience
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance* - 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provided through Cigna.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan - (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.