Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Arts
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
Settlement Loan Closers are team players, responsible and always taking initiative. We offer cutting-edge technology for primary and secondary market loan settlements.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Loan Closer III, you will provide client support and loan trade closings on the VTS platform.
- Assist clients with customer, deal, and asset on-boarding
- Monitor and manage large volumes of loan closings
- Update data in systems
- Perform reconciliations on an as needed basis
- Assist with various tasks related to loan closings
- Communicate with internal and external parties regarding loan closings
- Troubleshoot and assess system issues for Quality Assurance
- Build deal templates in system with key information
- Build user profiles and onboard clients
- Create fund account profiles in the system
- Field client queries and exercise judgement in problem-solving and/or escalation to IT
- Become expert on the VTS system and generate ideas to improve functionality
- Coordinate with trade counterparties to receive and review par and distressed trade documentation
- Coordinate trade closings among counterparties, agents, and other groups to include formulation of pricing when needed
- Review funding memos for discrepancies prior to settlement
- Communicate and resolve, when possible, trade issues. Escalate when necessary
- Process and reconcile pending trades to client’s trade tickets/blotter
- Follow up on dated pending trades over T+10, and keep current comments updated
- Update fee calculations spreadsheets as needed
- Prepare various reports needed by internal management relating to Loan Settlements or special client request
- Assist Asset Administration during quarter-end, or other high-volume days as needed
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years related work experience
- At least 3 or more years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills and high proficiency with Microsoft software
- Basic knowledge of securities
- Knowledge of broadly syndicated loans
- Knowledge of transfer documentation, including purchase price letters, netting letters, funding memos, participation agreements, consent and elevation agreements, termination agreements and transfer certificates
- Knowledge of trade fee calculations
- Ability to read and interpret credit agreements
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with daily loan transactions and loan tracking systems
- Exposure to both TSI and ClearPar systems
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.