We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Service Desk Administrator I works directly with our Partners to address service and support issues. He/she handles initial ticket triage, service restoration, and escalates issues to other teams as necessary.
The shift for this position will be Tuesday thru Saturday from 10am-7pm.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Provides first tier administrator support for products on our line card; strictly adhering to the use of our ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes, and issues
- Monitors and manages ticket work queues
- Investigates and resolves service issues
- Performs basic troubleshooting
- Updates client on status of technical outages
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Entry level experience diagnosing problems with software and cloud products
- Specific experience with Symantec cloud security, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, cloud backup systems, or similar technologies is preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email
- Ability to be customer service oriented and work well in a team oriented collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Excellent typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Ability to be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Two (2) years’ previous work experience
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in IT, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at either $36k or $45k, depending on experience and work location
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.