Service Delivery Manager at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems is looking for a Service Delivery Manager for our Professional Services team, who is excited to be on the frontlines working with our customers, sales team and solution engineers to increase our customer’s overall success with Wowza solutions. Initially, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring an optimal experience for our customers by understanding the customer's needs and business model, creating Statements of Work (SOW) to support service delivery, and coordinating service delivery engineers to fulfill delivery against the detailed Statement of Work. In the infancy stages of the program, this person will have the opportunity to contribute to its evolution, currently anticipated to be a comprehensive Customer Success program.
What you will be doing:
- Successfully managing a rotating portfolio of clients amidst multiple competing priorities and deadlines ensuring that critical milestones are being met across all Wowza solutions during the discovery, engagement, service delivery, and handoff phases of the program.
- Implementing industry best practices in establishing processes to support the program, identifying creative solutions, and ensuring delivery on project milestones and contractual obligations.
- Creating statements of work, managing the engagement to fulfillment of the SOW, collecting and documenting customer feedback post-engagement, feeding that back to product, sales, engineering, billing, customer success for continued improvement
- Working with customers and service delivery engineers to document an accurate scope of work, scheduling and managing the engagements and delivery logistics.
- Documenting delivery resource engagement skillset requirements and aligning delivery with our Solutions Engineering team.
- Detecting early warning signs of risk and establishing action plans to address customer concerns.
- Continually striving to improve the customer experience by enhancing best practices, proactively identifying areas of improvement, and delivering feedback to our Product, Sales, and Solutions Engineering teams.
Experience we’d like you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing service delivery or professional services role at a technology company, preferably a SaaS and/or start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience helping customers achieve success with technical products
- Skilled at developing relationships with clients and cross-functional teams to become a trusted and value-added business partner
- Ability to manage expectations regarding service delivery
- High attention to detail with strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to establish and build effective working relationships, including successfully bringing clarity to ambiguous circumstances
- Strong presentation skills and the unique ability to speak to technical details and business strategy in the same conversation
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to easily walk people through an entire process, step by step, to increase understanding.
- Critical thinking and proven ability to solve complex problems
- Patient and active listener with a passion for service
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.