Sequencing Core Manager (ADX-22-20) at ArcherDX
SEQUENCING CORE MANAGER (ADX-22-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhances genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Manage and organize multiple research projects
- Planning and implementation of DNA/RNA Sequencing workflows and related processes to establish the scope of services
- Develop Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and flow charts
- Perform maintenance, calibrations, and troubleshooting on sequencing equipment
- Troubleshoot projects to identify and correct possible sources of error
- Maintain quality control log
- Coordinate with BioInformatics that current software updates and configurations are maintained
- Maintain and track reagent inventory
- Provide advice and consultations to scientists
- Develop, assess and adapt new technologies, protocols and software while contributing continuous methods of improvement and cost reduction efforts
- Provides visions and interacts cross-functionally with faculty advisors
- Help prepare financial records for audits
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- At least 5-7 years of experience using molecular biology in a research lab setting, including manipulation of RNA and DNA samples is required
- Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms, specifically MiSeqDX, NextSeqDX. Nice to have experience in NovaSeq
- Previous experience in a biomedical core setting and preparing samples for NGS is preferred
- Demonstrates organization, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial principals
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- BS or BA Degree in the biological or chemical sciences required
- Advanced Degree (Master’s or Doctoral) preferred