Senior Technical Support Technician at Inspirato
Title: Senior Technical Support Technician
Reports to: IT Manager
The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain Inspirato’s computer systems, desktops, peripherals, core network components as assigned, and servers. The support technician will also install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade all organizational hardware and equipment ensuring optimal workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote login tool) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
- Support Tier one by providing technical solutions beyond the skill level of tier one support and provide technical mentorship.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop and software computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/support tickets regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connection, ie. network jacks and wireless are in proper working order and install infrastructure when needed.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Perform work within the designated SLA and OLA.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 3 years work experience in related field.
- A+, Network +, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, Desired
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent operational and theoretical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office suite install and operation.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current TCP/IP protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Knowledge of how to install and terminate Cat 5/6 network cable.
- Windows deployment tools, WDS, MDT
- Office 365, exchange and Microsoft Intune
- Active directory, on prem and Azure AD
- macOS and iOS in general
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Work after hours, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- This position will be in a 4 week on call rotation. (on- call every 4 weeks)
Compensation - $60,000 - $80,000
We believe in building a compensation structure that reflects the comparable market pay rate for positions at companies similar in size, revenue generation and geographic location; in addition to individual factors including seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and experience related to scope of responsibilities.
Bonus – This position is eligible for the company’s bonus plan, to the extent offered, at a target bonus percentage of up to 10% of your annual salary.
Benefits – This position is eligible for a health and welfare benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance.
FAM Trip – This Position is eligible for the Employee Familiarization Travel Program following three (3) consecutive months of employment. This program provides you up to one seven (7) day reservation in an eligible Inspirato property per your employment calendar year – subject to seasonal property demands and the company Employee Familiarization Travel Program Terms and Conditions.