Senior Systems Manager - Real Estate Applications (Yardi)
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Senior Systems Manager - Real Estate Applications (Yardi)
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the IT Sr. Systems Manager for Real Estate Applications, based preferably in Denver or San Francisco, you will work closely with business owners and IT managers globally focusing on operating, maintaining, configuring, enhancing and integrating enterprise real estate management software applications and processes.
We are the world’s leading logistics real estate company in a transformation phase – our scale and position in the industry enable us to take advantage of unique data and technology opportunities like never before. It is why these are at the heart of our strategy to “stay ahead of what’s next”.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Responsible for managing the analysis, design, implementation, and support of Yardi and Argus applications and integrations
- Manage and lead the Yardi global applications team to optimize the usefulness and impact of Yardi to the global Yardi user group
- Serve as a bridge between business and IT owners and their counter-parties globally to deliver regional values in alignment with global needs and standards
- Collaborate with global Yardi business owners on software change, prioritization, status reports, and service levels
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with real estate groups
- Ensure that the product is being operated in the most efficient manner and that industry best practices are recommended and followed, when applicable
- Recommend, plan, and implement periodic upgrades to the platform to ensure continuous enhancements, maintenance, and support by the software vendor
- Work with software vendor on outsourcing initiatives and overseeing existing relationships and SLA compliance
- Discuss, propose, and initiate any process changes around the use of business systems including the translation of functional and technical specifications
- Work with IT partners, functional and business systems analysts, and users on moderately complex projects to coordinate system enhancements
- Encourage and promote an environment where customization is last resort and cost/benefit analysis is performed for enhancement requests to aide with prioritization and management of team workload
- Plan, manage, and monitor work requests; negotiate and create deliverable commitments and resolve issues in ways that are mutually satisfactory to IT and the business partner; deliver escalated support for high priority incidents
- Create a high performance team by providing motivation, leadership, and professional development
- Provide training as needed to ensure the staff has the necessary skills to meet the challenges presented by the business environment
- Manage projects and allocated budget
- Adhere to and maintain global guidelines and policies
- Network with industry peers to collaborate, keep abreast of trends, and seek advice on lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent
- 10+ years related real estate technology experience, including 6 years supervisory/management experience
- Extensive experience in Yardi implementation or consulting; or managing a department utilizing of Yardi Voyager, Yardi Advanced Budget, Yardi Forecast Manager and Argus Enterprise.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage projects and people in complex global matrix-ed organizations, including proficiency in building relationships, developing staff, managing expectations, resolving disagreements, negotiating priorities, taking a lead technical role within projects and interacting effectively with non-technical stakeholders in a technical context
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with business stakeholders, business customers, executives, and global IT colleagues
- Ability to manage team members within policy, guidelines and standards in order to deliver a consistent, high-value service globally
- Experience in managing vendor performance and relationships
- Disciplined approach to quality, application life-cycle, environment and release management
- Demonstrated strength in software architecture, development, process, customer relations, and project/portfolio management
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.