Senior Systems Administrator at Inspirato
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:24 a.m. (MST) on Monday, February 1, 2021
Senior Systems Administrator
Reports To: VP | Technology
An Inspirato Systems Administrator is responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and having the highest level of performance as an expert in system administration. With this, the system administrator will research and select upgrades, software, and other necessities for the company's computer systems. The candidate must be well versed in technology and have a strong ability to plan, organize, evaluate and redesign system designs to have them work better for the company. This role relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position will report directly to the VP Information Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of experience.
- Expert in O365 and Office full suite
- Proficient in VM ware
- Proficient in Cisco routers and switches
- Preferable experience in TCP-IP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to perform difficult tasks under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Systems monitor and configuration
- Systems architecture
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Inspirato host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Work with other technicians and engineers within the IT department to resolve or implement new hardware for computers, printers and other service systems for the company.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users Microsoft Office 365 accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, and other components.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software, Routers, Switches and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Inspirato to take advantage of new technology. Interfacing with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Generating the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints.
- Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user, which determine that all the high-level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- Generating products such as templates, Visio drawings, and prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
- Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Responsible for ensuring that all O365, servers, software, and network equipment in the environment is maintained with up to date patching, IOS, and configurations.
- Lead technologist for corporate IT and responsible for working with systems and security vendors to ensure that all compliance goals are met.
Inspirato offers its employees:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
- Inspirato Employee Familiarization Travel Program
- Casual work environment in rapidly growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company
- Credit for gym membership
- Fresh fruit delivery service, coffee and tea, fully stocked snack bar, beverage fridge
- Regular fun employee events and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with passionate, driven, committed, high performing individuals who are revolutionizing the luxury travel industry!
Who we are!
Launched in January 2011 and located in the trendy LoDo neighborhood of Denver, Inspirato is a leading luxury hospitality company that provides its 10,000+ members access to hundreds of curated vacation options, delivered through an innovative club model to ensure the service and certainty that affluent customers demand. Every vacation includes personalized recommendations, expert advance planning and access to on-site concierge services. Each and every day, our mission is to inspire lasting memories and relationships by changing the way family and friends experience the world. Our company culture is based on Integrity, Teamwork, Relationships, People and Innovation. And having a lot of fun together as we build world-class company with strong Colorado roots. If that describes you, we would love to talk.
*This position is will require after hours and on-call availability including holidays and weekends as needed*
Compensation - $90,000 - 110,000 Base Salary
We believe in building a compensation structure that reflects the comparable market pay rate for positions at companies similar in size, revenue generation and geographic location; in addition to individual factors including seniority, performance-based merit, education/training and experience related to scope of responsibilities.
Bonus – This position is eligible for the company’s bonus plan, to the extent offered, at a target bonus percentage of up to 10% of your annual salary.
Benefits – This position is eligible for a health and welfare benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance.
FAM Trip – This Position is eligible for the Employee Familiarization Travel Program following three (3) consecutive months of employment. This program provides you up to one seven (7) day reservation in an eligible Inspirato property per your employment calendar year – subject to seasonal property demands and the company Employee Familiarization Travel Program Terms and Conditions.
Read Full Job Description