Senior Systems Administrator at FRONTSTEPS
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with additional offices in Arizona and California, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that’s 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by FRONTSTEPS services! We deliver solutions that simplify how management companies, homeowner associations, builders, and security & patrol experts build, connect, operate, and secure modern communities. With a focus on mobile-first technology and best-in-class integrations, our products make it easy for community leaders and homeowners to communicate, collaborate, and drive a more prosperous community.
FRONTSTEPS is guided by the core values of 1) developing our people, 2) taking care of the customer at all times, 3) moving with purpose and urgency, 4) being open, honest, and transparent, 5) innovating and failing forward, and 6) being courageous.
As a senior system administrator, you’ll be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of our Denver Headquarters as well as bringing your experience of Azure, VMware and your career to advance Frontsteps IT systems and programs.
You’ll be responsible for charging down improvement, scalability and best practices for systems and engineering efforts in a fast pace environment where you can make a difference and own all aspects of your work.
- Responsible for Production Cloud Data Center management
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter.
- Provision and manage vendor relationships for hardware acquisition.
- Create and verify backups of data and servers.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Performance tuning across the entire hardware and software stack.
- On call support and maintenance.
- Support engineering through deployments, VM management and networking.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and acts professionally with tight deadlines with other departments and teams within the business.
- Develops and maintains the documentation of IT, Infrastructure and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Be a mentor and support other system administrators as well as software engineers in best practices for networking.
- Responsible for project work, scoping and estimates within IT.
- Responsible for asset management and maintenance/warranty due diligence.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience supporting technology at an enterprise-level
- Knowledge and understanding of technology production support: in a highly critical environment
- 7+ years’ experience in related roles.
- 5+ years’ VMWare experience.
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory.
- Windows Server Administration.
- Network Security management with such things as central anti-virus, email and gateway systems.
- 4+ years’ experience with CI/CD approaches and deployments
- 4+ years’ experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Working knowledge of IP Routing and vLANS.
- Experience in managing FW and edge devices, WatchGuard, Cisco, Sophos, NSX-T, NSX-V, etc.
- Experience in managing and configuring Load Balancer’s/Proxy Servers (Kemp, HAProxy, nginx, Ambassador, etc.)
- Certifications: VMWare and or Microsoft equivalent.
- 4+ Enterprise Application Support with programs such as Salesforce, Zendesk or similar Sass products.
- Experience with Storage deployments, decommissions and migrations of data centers.
- Linux Server Administration(Ubuntu 16.x – 20.x, CentOS 6.x – 8.x).
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL Cluster administration.
- 2+ years Azure Administration.
- Experience in managing a BYOD environment with Mac’s.
- Masergy/Polycom VOIP.
- Kubernetes and/or Docker experience.
- Azure Pipelines and GitHub experience
- Azure DevOps / Visual studio team services.
- Experience automating cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) platform configuration.
- Experience with Atlassian software products.
FRONTSTEPS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.