Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Collaborative onsite desktop and server team supporting an international banking organization based in New York City This interesting and unique environment requires a solid foundation to understand and troubleshoot. Will need to be available for commuting into New York based on client need.
What you will be doing
Acting as the lead for all related project you be the senior escalation point for desktop and server teams. You will also be deploying releases of new technologies as well as designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and integrating system testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. Your advanced Citrix knowledge will come in handy as you support multiple Citrix farms on the latest version of Citrix.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products. Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance. Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Working with Airwatch MDM and full VMware solution
- Overseeing multidomain segmentation for complex international banking environment
- Change control, security and process driven troubleshooting for an international banking security platform with strict regulatory compliance
What you bring:
- 10+ years of professional experience with complex Data center level knowledge of VMWare as well as routing and switching
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware. Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Financial Services background or understanding of banking systems and their interconnectivity
Added bonus if you have:
- CCNA certification
- VMware Certified
- Exchange Certified
- Preferred experience with SCCM
- Citrix Certified not required but would be a plus
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.