Senior Systems Administrator
There are 69 million Americans who live in common interest communities and the FRONTSTEPS team is building powerful solutions to impact these residents and their community leaders. We believe that each member of the FRONTSTEPS family contributes to our end goal: helping our customers, and their communities, become safe, informed, and efficient.
As a Senior System Administrator, you’ll be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of our Denver Headquarters as well as bringing your experience of Azure, VMware and your career to advance FRONTSTEPS IT systems and projects. You’ll be responsible for driving continual improvement, scalability and best practices for systems and engineering efforts in a fast pace environment where you can make a difference and own all aspects of your work.
- Manage the headquarters and satellite office technology stack including firewalls, switches and servers.
- Develop and manage hardware and software vendors.
- Monitor the network within Denver and California daily responding immediately to security, performance or usability concerns.
- Support engineering through deployments, VM management and networking.
- Develop and maintain the documentation of IT, Infrastructure and Standard Operation Procedures.
- Create and verify backups of data and servers.
- Mentor and support other more junior system administrators as well as software engineers in IT best practices.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter.
- Audio and Visual equipment setup for meetings.
- Responsible for project work, scoping and estimates within IT.
- Is responsible for asset management and maintenance/warranty due diligence.
- On call support and maintenance.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and acts professionally with tight deadlines with other departments and teams within the business.
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- 7+ years’ experience in related roles.
- 5+ years’ VMWare experience.
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory.
- Windows Server Administration.
- Network Security management with such things as central anti-virus, email and gateway systems.
- 4+ years’ experience with CI/CD approaches and deployments
- 4+ years’ experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Working knowledge of IP Routing and vLANS.
- Experience in managing, WatchGuard, Cisco and Sophos.
- Certifications: VMWare and or Microsoft equivalent.
- 4+ Enterprise Application Support with programs such as Salesforce, Zendesk or similar SaaS products.
- Experience with Storage deployments, decommissions and migrations of data centers.
- Experience in managing ubuntu/Debian environments.
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL Cluster administration.
- Experience in managing a BYOD environment with Mac’s.
- Masergy/Polycom VOIP.
- Kubernetes and/or Docker experience.
- Azure Pipelines and GitHub experience
- Azure DevOps / Visual studio team services.
- Experience automating cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) platform configuration.
- Experience with Atlassian software products.