Senior Network Engineer at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to build and manage our network infrastructure and play a key role in design and support
decisions. You will join our talented DevOps and Infrastructure Platforms team charged with ensuring the reliability, scalability and
availability of a multi-site private and public cloud infrastructure. You will work closely with our DevOps, TechOps and Development
teams to extend best practices, optimize configurations, develop automation, monitor system health and troubleshoot issues that impact our customers.
- Manage, monitor and support the availability, scalability, security and performance of our hybrid-cloud multi-site infrastructure,
networks and production environments
- Evaluate and design new network solutions for Billtrust, with responsibility over the implementation, migration and upgrades of
our existing environments to the next generation of Billtrust networks
- Support of AWS and Azure network environments and connectivity to Billtrust Data Centers and networks
- Support of Billtrust Palo Alto Edge networks including Prisma and Global Protect connected sites and users
- Support of Billtrust Data Center networks including F5 load balancers, Cisco routers and switches
- Manage all Internet Service Provider relationships
- Collaborate with SysOps, DevOps, and InfoSec teams to support and execute system and application implementation plans,
custom scripts and testing procedures
- Perform off-hours maintenance as needed and take part in our 24x7 on-call rotation
- Provide monthly reports of the health of the enterprise network and all remote office locations
- Create and maintain accurate documentation
- Identify areas for process improvement, and automate repetitive tasks
- 5+ years of success in a fast-paced 24x7 production environment, with a proven ability to support enterprise network
- Extensive experience and expertise in support of networking solutions, such as Palo Alto, F5, Cisco ASA/ASR, Cisco Nexus
series switches, Aruba wireless and wired solutions
- Extensive experience and expertise on IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Proven firewall and routing experience with a mindset toward a secure environment
- Ability to leverage infrastructure monitoring tools such as Nagios, LibreNMS, Prometheus
- Ability to manage, own and drive complex, technical projects to completion
- Familiarity with scripting, automation and deployment of network cloud components via infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business including peers, technical management and/or external
- Experience in a SaaS, software, product-centric or payments business nice-to-have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, bonus, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and for outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values. Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.