Senior Manager, Workforce Management at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Workforce Management to lead this expanding function in Operations at Checkr, reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations. This leader will work closely with Operations senior leadership and will help us support our hyper growth by leading the way on workforce analytics and strategy. The Operations team is an end user facing team consisting of customer and candidate support, quality assurance, disputes and investigations. This role will initially focus on workforce management for our customer and candidate(end user) contact centers.
As the Senior Manager, Workforce Management, you will lead the team that prepares and produces work volume and staffing forecast dashboards, identifies opportunities for improvement, and recommends workforce solutions. This team provides workforce scheduling and load balancing requirements for work peaks and valleys, and provides daily recommendations on staffing optimizations that drive positive service level performance. As the leader of the workforce planning team, the Senior Manager will own day to day management, as well as drive strategy and process for this new team. You will have a strong influence on priorities and decision making across multiple operational functions. Our ideal candidate has contact center experience, has strong leadership experience, and can define a world-class workforce planning function.
- Manage, lead, mentor, develop and scale workforce analysts team
- Collaborate with other Operations leaders to strategize and develop future team growth based on volume projections and business objectives
- Analyze and interpret support data to identify opportunities for process and efficiency improvements to ensure we deliver exceptional service for customers
- Apply prior experience using quantitative concepts including statistical analysis, predictive modeling, data management, and reporting to make data-driven recommendations
- Solve complex workforce and capacity planning problems by designing and implementing workforce/people analytics solutions and frameworks
- Improve staffing models and schedules for efficient use of resources to achieve service level goals
- Own workforce management processes and systems (Agyletime) that help the team be more efficient and ensure staffing levels (ex. Call out tracking, shrink management)
- Work with both internal and external partners to share real-time intelligence and best practices
What you bring:
- 4-7 years of management experience in leading workforce teams that focus on planning and strategy
- Prior experience working at an organization with a strong brand of outstanding customer service
- Ability to build and scale foundational workforce planning processes (software, tools, content/training)
- Experience supporting tiered support structures, SLA-attainment, and multiple support channels (phone, email, chat)
- Demonstrated ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis, make recommendations on findings and communicate results effectively
- Experience using software to build and maintain complex forecasting models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with Excellent organizational skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience using CRM software like Zendesk, and business intelligence tools like Tableau and Looker
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $108,000- $128,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.