Senior Manager, Student Success at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager of Student Success. Senior Managers on the Student Success team serve as a critical connection point between senior department leaders, Student Success Managers (SSMs) and Student Success Coaches (SSCs). Successful Senior Managers will be responsible for cultivating a healthy team culture, building high-performing teams, developing excellent managers, and contributing to Student Success team operations and strategy. Operating primarily on a 3-6 month planning horizon, Senior Managers are expected to leverage data, motivate teams, own short-term goal setting and accountability, and manage change in the pursuit of delivering a world-class student experience.
As a Senior Manager of Student Success you will:
- Nurture and Reinforce Healthy Team Culture
- Build and nurture a culture that is inclusive, drives student impact, values and celebrates the team, and develops employees
- Proactively propose and execute processes, frameworks, and systems that foster a safe, supported, and productive environment for SSCs
- Provide consistent, strong communication on department-wide vision and messaging to your SSMs and SSCs, ensuring that the team understands how their work impacts students and company goals
- Identify areas of cultural improvement within the team and propose solutions to leadership to resolve
- Create An Environment of Consistent High Performance
- Develop and maintain an environment focused on delivering a world-class coaching experience for students
- Set clear goals for SSMs, and surface trends from SSMs and SSCs that inform the department project prioritization list
- Create accountability systems for your teams, ensuring they consistently meet or exceed goals, and that outliers are actively managed
- Leverage coaching quality and operational performance data to surface trends and maintain a culture of continuous improvement
- Proactively monitor and manage the performance of your coaching teams, including promotions, compensation changes, PIP approval, and terminations
- Develop and Grow World-Class Coaches and Leaders:
- Provide opportunities for growth to your teams by understanding and leveraging their strengths, rewarding positive behaviors, and giving clear line of sight to career advancement opportunities
- Foster a culture of respectful and productive feedback (and feedback loops), and demonstrate the ability to give clear feedback and hold someone accountable to achieving specific results while remaining empathetic and approachable
- Support the day-to-day operations of your teams, leading team meetings, directly handling student/personnel situations that arise, and escalating issues through relevant channels as appropriate and necessary
- Partner with training to continually improve team capability gaps, and collaborate to develop effective solutions
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience managing managers in high-performing operational teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and communicate effectively
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and high-achieving work environment
- Comfortable holding individuals and teams accountable to performance measurements and expectations
- Experience in a high-growth environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.