Senior Manager - Program Execution - Civil Space at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Civil Space Strategic Business Unit develops many of the world’s pioneering space and science missions. From delivering entire missions to contributing component level expertise, we value our role as a mission partner and our ability to provide science at any scale. Our team of scientists work with the science community to understand their missions and deliver systems that go beyond expectation.
Senior Program Manager – Program Execution – Civil Space
Manage a portfolio of Civil Space programs grouped by shared customers. Reports to the Senior Director of Civil Space Programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a small portfolio of Civil Space programs.
- Support the Civil Space strategic business unit management team.
- Be a knowledge leader for program execution, working collaboratively with Program Directors in the business unit.
- Contribute to development of the Civil Space strategic and operating plan.
- Mentor, supervise and train a small, diverse group of program managers.
- Ensure Civil Space programs are properly managed for execution excellence.
- Develop and implement effective strategies and ground rules for program execution.
- Assist programs in meeting all technical, cost, schedule and contractual requirements.
- Ensure programs effectively apply Ball management tools, processes, procedures.
- Maintain program performance metrics and present at management reviews.
- Participate in program staff meetings, customer meetings, and special meetings/reviews.
- Establish and grow collaborative relationships with current and future customers.
- Work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships within the business unit, other strategic business units, strategic support units and the company.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Civil Space new business mission area leads and capture leads to develop new business opportunities.
- Support proposal teams to assess executability of new business proposals.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field, plus 15 or more years’ related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Program management experience leading the development of space flight hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively influence other people and organizations to obtain objectives, achieve goals and balance competing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve execution issues in a timely manner.
- Very strong verbal and written communication ability with customers, upper level management, and organizations throughout the company.
- Direct experience with NASA, NOAA, USGS program management is highly preferred.
- Experience with NASA Announcement of Opportunity (AO) process is preferred.
- Experience with functional management, salary planning, and performance reviews.
- Established ability to develop direct reports providing career planning and progression.
- Customer-focused, service-oriented mindset with the ability to collaboratively interface with a wide variety of customers while diplomatically managing expectations.
- Excellent negotiating skills and demonstrated skills in team leadership.
- Ability to act in a leadership capacity, provide vision to those supervised, and guide diverse teams and employees to ever higher levels of achievement.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $229,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.