Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, PR & Communications to significantly accelerate our brand awareness. This opportunity is a key role within the marketing team, and you will be the driving force behind Hotel Engine’s overall voice, media relations and communications.
You are an outstanding storyteller with a deep understanding of public relations strategies and have previously scaled a brand’s voice globally. You will drive and execute the company’s overall PR & communications strategy, create great stories for our brand, manage internal communications with our CEO and executive team, and support global brand campaigns. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with communications, brand, building great stories, and passionate about travel, and have bias to action we want to talk to you 😉
Here's what you'll do:
- Connect Hotel Engine’s business goals into actionable corporate communications strategy that achieves objectives
- Define and execute the corporate narrative, ensuring consistent messaging and positioning with internal and external stakeholders
- Define the Hotel Engine news agenda and partner with subject matter experts across the company to uncover storytelling opportunities
- Develop and own relationships with the media and key influencers locally and nationally
- Manage external partners/firm(s) by providing compelling insights, pitch angles, and clear goals that align with business needs
- Oversee the analyst and influencer relations strategy, with an emphasis on relationship building and collaboration
- Manage all internal communications aligned with our CEO and executive team
- Elevate the voice of the CEO and other executive team members through media interviews, speaking opportunities, and social media engagement
- Advise and coach Hotel Engine’s executive leadership team on appropriate messaging in all types of situations ensuring a polished, consistent delivery across channels
- Partner with content marketing to drive exceptional and value-led brand awareness content
- Create campaigns to place our brand and content on platforms that amplify our message
- Collaborate with our PR agency on thought leadership and brand awareness initiatives and manage and content production agencies related to these initiatives
- Writing, editing and proofreading content efficiently and at scale, ensuring a consistent Hotel Engine tone of voice
- Analyzing and reporting on metrics to measure the impact of the PR & Communications strategy against business goals
- Report to the VP Marketing
Here's what we're looking for:
- A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- 8+ years in public relations or corporate communications, with public company and/or high profile late-stage VC funded successful brands
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B and/or B2C corporate communications, content, and corporate brand campaigns driving significant brand awareness
- Expertise in managing PR agencies as well as external writers/freelancers
- Extraordinary writing, storytelling and editing ability, with demonstrated experience harmonizing messages
- Experience in providing proactive communications/storytelling advice to CEO and senior management teams
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience applying data to measure results, test, learn, iterate and inform decision making and strategy
- Self-directed and able to work and lead proactively, coordinating stakeholder buy-in
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment while keeping high quality standards
- Experience in taking ownership from top-line targets down to executional detail.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver.
- Self-starter and independent but also a solid team player, we achieve more as a team!
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- The total cash compensation for this role is $80,000-$100,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program