Senior Manager, Global Events at Alteryx (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Whether you are looking to make a change in your career or your life, Alteryx is a place where you will find the tools, benefits, and support to make it happen. Just like our technology delivers breakthroughs for our customers, working at Alteryx is a breakthrough for our employees.
Why do people love working at Alteryx? Here, you'll grow and develop the future; make a positive impact on people's lives; collaborate with enthusiastic and brilliant colleagues in a supportive environment; and will be taken care of so you can take care of the people close to you.
Alteryx is looking for a Global Events Senior Manager who has experience in leading both the strategy and execution for Brand events, including managing a multi-million-dollar budget, building the event execution timeline and overseeing a team of both internal stakeholders and outsourced agency resources.
In this role, you will lead and drive the strategy, execution, and measurable impact of the largest Alteryx brand event, Inspire Americas. Additionally, this role will support the full roster of Alteryx Brand Experience events, including our presence at major 3rd party industry and partner trade shows, global company kick-off and Inspire's regional extensions in EMEA and APJ. These are Alteryx's most high visibility, high spend, and high-touch customer experiences. The right candidate will have a clear vision for a portfolio, calendar, and team structure to drive toward significant ROI and business outcomes.
All of our events are growing and scaling at an extraordinary rate, and we need a well-formed strategy to match our growing presence internationally, our growth with the Global 2000 accounts, and our deepening relationships at C-level with CISOs, CIOs, and CDO's.
This leader will partner closely with Brand, Creative and Digital teams to build world-class experiences, while partnering closely with Demand Generation, Sales, and Sales Development to drive ideal audience, attendance, and success, and Product Marketing for content deliver strategies. The central team will be responsible for the design and standards for some global events/programs, while partnering closely with local teams and adapting thoughtfully to international requirements for content, compliance, audience formation, and delivery.
We desire to hire a proven and experienced team leader with big ideas, but we also need someone who will keep an eye toward solid business outcomes, important event metrics and well managed budgets. The person should also like to roll up their sleeves and dig in on any details necessary to support the team in delivering great experiences to our audiences and solid outcomes for the company.
- Build & own the near and long-term Inspire Americas strategy to deliver against company and marketing priorities, including brand awareness, audience acquisition, demand generation, acceleration of pipeline, and customer advocacy.
- Develop a well-formed, agreed strategy for business outcome and measurement for Inspire Americas that takes into account brand, demand generation, acceleration, and customer success.
- Partner closely with business leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment on event goals and target outcomes - across marketing, sales as appropriate, product team, customers success, etc.
- Build appropriate models for event revenue, costs, sponsorship, and vendor execution to meet specified targets and financial objectives
- Manage and mentor a high-performing team of event marketers to ensure goals and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Alteryx brand is well represented
- Maintain a network of partners/outsourcers to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, and onsite logistics
- Tightly manage the Inspire Americas budget to ensure full transparency and on target budget execution
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- 10+ years' experience running Event experiences at a Cloud/B2B/Enterprise Software company
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills
- A strong collaborator who sees that events require the full buy in and alignment of many parties across the company to be executed effectively and to expectation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- Strategic and out-of-the-box thinker with broad perspective and proven ability to execute
- A dedicated leader who is passionate about creating amazing experiences and managing/mentoring a high-performance team of stakeholders and agency support
- Data-driven, budget-conscious, creative thinker
- Maintain overall responsibility for the Inspire Americas budget
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $130,000 to $160,000. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
Alteryx is the Analytics Automation Company. We unify analytics, data science and business process automation in one, end-to-end platform to accelerate digital transformation. Our unified platform and self-service, easy-to-use interface differentiates us from any other analytics or data sciences solution on the market.
Our Vision is to enable every person to transform data into a breakthrough.
If you require reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online, please contact
[email protected] Where possible we will work to accommodate your request.
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.