Senior Manager, Events at Vertafore
$90,000 - $100,000 + VIP Bonus
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India. There is an option to work remotely for this role.
The Senior Manager of Event Marketing has primary responsibility for the planning, execution, and evaluation of virtual and in person trade shows and events. You'll have a measurable impact on growing our sales pipeline and increasing awareness of our brand and value proposition. Events include national and regional trade shows, national user conference, and corporate special events. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role requiring strong partnerships with marketing, sales, product, professional development, and executive leadership.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Define a holistic event plan and annual program budget that aligns with key strategic goals
- Create a standardized budget, planning, and ROI tracking process for events
- Create, maintain, and communicate a detailed calendar of events
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to set the goals and vision for compelling event presence, experiences, and outcomes
- Craft experiences that drive meaningful conversations, product education, platform adoption, and advocacy with our prospects and customers
- Negotiate all logistics including sponsorships, exhibit presence, room blocks, booth staffing, communications, and analytics while operating within designated budget
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in creating event-related content, including presentations, imagery and booth messaging, and marketing promotion
- Work closely with the broader marketing team to promote event presence via multiple channels and track event ROI and contribution to the company's KPIs
- Travel to events as required, serving as lead on event organization, when applicable
- Grow team of event specialists as event contribution and presence scales with company growth
- 7+ years of event marketing experience, ideally for a high-growth, SaaS company
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience
- Proven success driving both virtual and face-to-face events
- Strong public speaking and networking skills
- Demonstrable understanding of all phases of event marketing and planning including promotions, traffic drivers, staff training, logistics, KPIs and metrics
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all necessary stakeholders
- Ability to meet goals with sleeves rolled up - always finding a way to get things done with a sense of urgency and drive
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, or equivalent professional experience
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.