Senior Manager of Client Implementation at Guild Education (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As our Senior Manager of Client Implementation, you’ll directly impact our ability to achieve our mission by leading our implementation process from the time the pen hits paper on a client contract through the time the client launches our products and services. You’ll report to Zoe, our VP of Partnership Implementation & Business Development, while working cross-functionally with many other Guild teams to make sure we’re meeting requirements, both internally and externally. You’ll build great relationships with new clients while driving value, adoption, and integration of our product, all of which sets us up for long-term futures with clients.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Collaborating with our technology, marketing, client success, enrollment and product teams to create and put in place internal and external best practices for client implementations and launches
- Communicating daily with awesome new clients that will join the ranks of our awesome current clients like Chipotle, Taco Bell, Davita Healthcare, Lyft, Lowe’s, and more. You’ll update them on progress, roadblocks, new opportunities, and timing adjustments as well as advocate for client needs/issues internally and for Guild business timing needs externally to ensure a successful launch
- Creating timelines, project plans, roadmaps, spreadsheets, strategy meetings, and any other materials you need to successfully guide the implementation process
- Prioritizing resources and time against multiple departments and stakeholders internally and externally, you’re the biggest advocate for your team but most adequately address tradeoffs on a daily basis
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your skills by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild
- Managing the end-to-end process of multi-faceted client implementations - including project managing our product integrations with the tech and product teams, gathering marketing requirements, reporting data insights and early qualitative and quantitative learnings and much more
- Prototyping new processes and best practices to execute successful client launches to begin specializing launches based on industry type (i.e. healthcare, financial services, fast-casual, or retail) in addition to the product or services being offered
- Developing strong relationships with clients to project manage the technical and non-technical aspects of implementations, and partnership announcements both with our client’s employee base as well as the general public
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Executing client launches that prepare us for successful futures with clients (and many times managing multiple launches at once) and measuring the success and learnings
- Partnering cross-functionally to develop best practices for client launches and ensuring that those practices actually happen
- Anticipating problems, coming up with creative solutions, and refining the implementation process during and after each launch to drive continuous improvement
- Analyzing and assessing data that informs rapid decision making, like changing landing pages, marketing copy, or talking points
You’ll join a team:
- Of learners dedicated to our mission and building a successful, dynamic company - your most immediate teammates include, Zoe, Anna, Sam, Danny, Chandler, and Terrence
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- From diverse backgrounds, ranging from consulting to teaching to political campaigns (and more!)
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience in similar or related roles working with internal teams cross-functionally and with clients (VPs, Directors, and Senior leadership at Fortune 100 companies) to guide the implementation of technology products
- Examples of experience effectively communicating project plans, timing, priorities, and objectives both to internal teams as well as externally to clients
- Examples of how you’ve successfully designed and prioritized processes and procedures
- An ability to drive decision and action to achieve results cross-functionally, mostly with dotted line management relationships
- A growth-oriented mindset and enthusiasm for improving processes by continuously prototyping, testing, analyzing, and creatively refining them
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak, or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- Experience working cross-functionally to manage complex problems, processes, projects, and people
- A drive to work hard and plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!