Senior IT Systems Administrator (Sr. Sys Admin) at brightfin
brightfin is a revolutionary, subscription-based software provider of IT Expense Management and IT Finance Management (ITFM) solutions, offered natively through ServiceNow or as a SaaS platform. brightfin helps companies manage IT assets and expenses related to mobile, telecom (fixed / voice & data), and cloud. In addition, brightfin enhances efficiency through automated workflows and industry-leading services such as UEM, lifecycle management, bill pay, procurement, and delivery.
Partnering with enterprises and government agencies globally, brightfin provides cost savings, efficiencies, and deep insights into mobile, telecom (fixed), and cloud expenses. The company has earned a spot on the Inc. 5,000 fastest-growing companies for the last two years and was the highest-recognized technology expense management company.
brightfin is looking for a knowledgeable and proficient IT Senior System Administrator to be a critical part of our growing IT team. This position will have a wide range of responsibilities, and ample opportunity to grow professionally. We are looking for an experienced IT administrator and manager, who is eager to take on complex and challenging projects involving market-leading SaaS infrastructure services and back-end systems.
We don't want you to just work hard, we want you to work smart, and work well with the other members of our team and the company at large. Do you know how to integrate and manage SaaS systems using their APIs? Do know how to work with operational staff to break down a complicated project into actionable IT tasks? Do you take the time to organize and document what you are doing so that you can include other IT team members in your projects? Are you eager to implement scalable solutions which incorporate best-practices such as RBAC, least-privilege, and enabling non-technical staff to manage their own environments effectively and safely?
- Understand operational requirements and business objectives.
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve business goals.
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical and non-technical staff.
- Design IT systems and networks to ensure best-practice architecture and functionality.
- Support system management and maintenance as well as new technology implementation.
- Support end-users with the usage and management of IT systems.
- Aid with technical issues.
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Produce reports.
- Increase level of organizational process management, specifically related to change management. Enhance organizational maturity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience in IT System Administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot SaaS, hardware, software and network problems.
- Experience with various SaaS platforms, operating systems and databases – specifically: Office 365, Okta, ServiceNow, AWS, Atlassian.
- Experience in project management.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities.
- A team player, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to mentor junior staff.
- Customer (i.e. business, staff, partner, customer) service oriented.
- Professional certification (e.g. CompTIA, A+) is an asset.
- Experience with MDM/EMM solutions such as Airwatch, MobileIron, MaaS360, etc is a plus.
- Experience with Sophos security products is also a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- brightfin offers a comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits package.
- Paid time off. We strongly believe in work life balance and taking time for yourself.
- 401K with employer match.
- Compensation range is ~$95,000 (DOE)
brightfin is an equal opportunity employer. The company will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or military status, age, genetic information or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local applicable law