Senior IT Help Desk at Guild Education
Guild Education is hiring a Senior IT Help Desk to aid in supporting our growing employee base.
As the Senior IT Help Desk, you’ll be a member of a small, collaborative IT team. You will help build out a team knowledge base, supporting users and help desk staff as a Tier 2 for IT support, and assisting the IT Operations Engineer and Director of IT and team with new and exciting cross-functional, technical projects.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Providing excellent customer service in Tier 2 support to end-users
- Supporting the team with onboarding, offboarding, and department transfers (configure computers for deployment by installing apps and running updates)
- Creating and/or updating tickets for all internal services using our Zendesk ticketing platform
- Supporting large company meetings and 60+ Zoom meeting rooms
- Writing and Maintaining team documentation around systems, internal tasks, and procedures
- Participation in mentoring, new hire events, and delivering technical training
You are a strong fit for this role if:
- You have 2+ years of experience in IT Support, utilizing a ticketing system to manage work
- You are OS agnostic, highly proficient with and can support Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Experience with Jamf Pro, Okta, Jumpcloud, Google Apps Suite, Zoom and Zendesk
- Experience working with auditing standards and operations in a SOC compliant organization or similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Fast learner - Can be shown processes minimally to grasp procedure
- Excellent at creating understandable end-user documentation.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there are frequent changes and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to deliver a consistent experience with high quality and effectiveness with minimal managerial oversight
- Ability to adapt to different work environments - Continue supporting the team in our current environment - Including remote support*
- Ability to participate in occasional after-hours or holiday support
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Zendesk and supporting the creation of workflows, forms, reporting, triggers, macros, and managing the internal workspace
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one additional IT managed tool within 9-12 months of completing onboarding training
- Leading on authoring Knowledge Base – high value on knowledge sharing
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.