Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job
description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $107,610 - $180,790.
For Benefits information, click here.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.