Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
People can only act based on what they know. If our customers only understand part of their security posture, they can’t make the best decisions. You will help the customer understand the full scope of information available to them and make informed decisions about their environment. You will partner with the customer as an extension of their security team to help them to understand and mature their overall security program. If a customer experiences an incident, you will work to help by taking ownership of the customer's success and providing any resources they need to remediate and recover.
What You'll Do
- Partner with customers, helping them understand the full scope of information available and make informed decisions about their security program
- Tailor communication to the customer’s level of expertise, providing education and information to help them understand the bigger picture and make educated decisions
- Advocate for the customer’s well-being, provide expert security advice, and rally internal Red Canary resources for the benefit of the customer
- Leverage your deep knowledge and experience to ask the right questions to customers and provide advice to advance the maturity of their security program
- Identify, scope, and manage ongoing customer incidents, develop remediation plans, and augment the customer’s security gaps with the necessary skills and resources to improve their security
- Immerse yourself in the customer’s environment enough to immediately recognize evidence of potential threats
- Augment the automated detection of Red Canary’s technical stack with manual hunting, to identify anomalous behaviors within customer environments, and use your hunting results to drive innovation of Red Canary’s detection capabilities
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the Incident Handling team to ensure customers are fully supported.
What You'll Bring
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or similar
- Experience working within high-pressure environments or with high-value customers
- Technical proficiency in Information Security controls, specifically system-level controls
- Technical proficiency and/or broad expertise with IT/network controls
- Experience with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) experience
- Experience with speaking at conferences and/or research-driven reports
Targeted base salary range: $115,000 - $125,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.