Senior Director of Payment Operations at Reserve Trust
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (MST) on Monday, August 30, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As the leader of the Payment Operations Team of Reserve Trust you’ll play a critical role in transforming and scaling the payment operations function within a next generation B2B payments solution. To be successful in this role you’ll need demonstrated hands-on experience and subject matter expertise in global payments and transaction processing along with a proven ability to build and scale high performing teams working on mission critical business applications or systems in financial services.
This role reports to the Chief Operations Officer and will work closely with our sales, customer success, business operations, and product teams. You’ll collaborate with smart, talented people and trail blaze new solutions in the B2B payments industry.
What You’ll Do:
Develop & manage payment operations team strategy, priorities, and scale plan
· Manage and optimize production payment operations team that consistently meets and exceeds financial and operational metrics
· Develop plan for structure, and scale of team in alignment with company priorities
· Establish coaching, documentation, training & growth plan for team
· Work with sales, customer success, and product management to ensure coordinated end-to-end customer engagement lifecycle
· Develop & continually refine payments operations team strategy considering industry and customer specific trends to accommodate future grow requirements
Execute on transaction processing objectives for the business
· Ensure verification, submission, and processing of all payments
· Ongoing support, problem solving and resolution across escalations, exceptions, and bugs/system issues/etc.
· Continually recognize, troubleshoot, perform root-cause analysis of people, process, and systems to improve overall team performance including transaction capacity, quality, and compliance.
· Ensure payment operations compliance with all established policies, procedures, laws and regulations
Drive continual operational and process improvement within payment operations
· Take a data driven approach to measure, manage & report on transaction processing performance
· Set and manage to required transaction throughput and turnaround times, which meet and exceed customer SLAs and business objectives
· Ensure exceptional customer experience spanning account setup, transaction processing, customer support, and account closures
· Implement ongoing process performance assessments and develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated hands-on experience and subject matter expertise in global payments and transaction processing
· Proven ability to build and scale high performing teams working on mission critical business applications or systems in financial services
· Strong functional understanding and experience with core B2B payment processing technology and vendors (ACH, FedWire, AML/OFAC technologies, multiple core vendors, business continuity tools & protocols).
· Demonstrated skills hiring, retaining, and growing team and improving operational performance in prior roles
· Past involvement in operations strategy, planning and execution at high growth startup or internal corporate innovation projects
· Experience in applying tools, technology, and/or process innovations to improve operational efficiency
· Prior process quality certification, Six Sigma preferred
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 – 175,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description