Senior Director, Major Publisher Development
- Develop the strategy for Ibotta to extend its reach through partnerships with large content publishers
- Build and deliver innovative presentations to publishers presenting the value proposition of working with Ibotta and utilizing our cash-back offers on their properties
- Own the entire business development process, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new concepts, and evolving those concepts based on data-driven results
- Create, maintain and expand client relationships over large, multi-year partnerships
- Beat annual targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and execution of new businesses and expansion of existing business
- As a Player-Coach, lead, mentor and develop a team of Business Development experts
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry.
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships between Ibotta, large CPGs, and Publishers
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national B2B business development experience working with large Digital Publishers, Social Media, CPG or Grocery companies, including 2+ years people managing
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build business cases that are compelling for Ibotta and our partners
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during complex partnership processes
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur and to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- A strong competitive spirit with a high team orientation
- Well organized
- Humility and positivity
- Travel up to 20% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.