Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands think about digital marketing. We are looking for a Senior Director to work with the biggest players in grocery retail to gain their support for our game-changing platform.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Own the entire strategy and business development process for how Ibotta works with Grocery Retailers to get digital and physical merchandising support
- Gain leadership buy-in for your strategy and go-to-market plan
- Develop and deliver innovative presentations that educate grocery buyers, marketers and merchandisers on Ibotta’s value proposition and partnership opportunities
- Utilize data to sell in and negotiate partnerships with grocery retailers, garnering their support for Ibotta campaigns that will be running in their stores
- Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets and beat those targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships between Ibotta and grocery retailers
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept relationship management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams, including the CPG sales team, to ensure that our relationships with retailers are driving expected results for our brand partners
- Travel up to 30% (When it is safe to do so. We are remote for the foreseeable future)
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years of national B2B business development experience in Shopper Marketing, CPG or Grocery, including 2+ years people managing.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal (candidates do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Flexibility, accountability, and resourcefulness, to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, utilizing creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: ability to measure the results of your work
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO (location flexible) and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-$120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component, for up to 100% of the agreed upon base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.