Senior Director Corporate Development at SambaSafety
Director/VP, Corporate Strategy
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community, and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post, Albuquerque Journal, Sacramento Bee, and Built In Colorado. Our employees rate SambaSafety top-notch, with a rock solid 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
What you will do:
We are seeking a Corporate Strategy leader to join our team and lead initiatives around partnerships and acquisitions. This individual will collaborate with product, sales, finance, and the executive team to coordinate and execute on an aggressive M&A strategy with the purpose of expanding markets and accelerating revenue growth.
The Corporate Strategy leader will collaborate closely with the executive team to ensure that our M&A activities reinforces and accelerate our corporate strategy objectives. This individual will also chair our corporate strategy team, coordinating annual milestones and ensuring their timely execution.
- Corporate Strategy
- Lead the corporate strategy team and ensure 100% on-time completion of annual milestones
- Chair quarterly strategy meetings including developing agendas and emceeing portions, tracking action items and delivering on commitments
- Contribute to the product roadmap and strategy by accelerating initiatives via buy/build/partner decisions
- Partner with department leaders to ensure all team and individual objectives are aligned to strategic imperatives.
- You will be an expert in our market and an internal resource on both industry participants and market trends which will inform both our organic and inorganic growth strategy
- Coordinate research and analysis activities required to assess strategic impact and risk.
- Leverage our insurance relationships to build strategic relationships with carshares, OEMs, and emerging mobility-as-a-service industry leaders
- This role will have oversight of the corporate strategy process at Samba including managing updates to our long-term roadmap, developing agendas and emceeing portions of our strategy sessions.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- You will create and own our M&A framework that will be used to quickly evaluate opportunities and identify new ones
- Lead M&A processes including sourcing, due diligence, financial planning, scoping, closing, and integration
- Complete at least one acquisition or joint venture annually
- You will chair an investment committee that reviews new deals and executes on new partnerships
- Organic Growth
- Develop, communicate, and bring alignment to a comprehensive org-wide growth strategy for blue chip Qorta customers (Amazon, FedEx, Walmart, UPS, Uber, Lyft).
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects through the introduction of kaizen events and tiger teams
- Evolve Samba from a data-proficient company to a data-driven company. Enable the data science team to spend less time on cleaning and plumbing, and more time developing solutions we can market and sell.
What you will need:
- Autonomy, the drive to execute with high level guidance and objectives.
- Creativity, the ability to research and identify true needle mover acquisitions
- Consistent, diligent, frequent, clear, and concise communication on strategy and progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication style
- The ability to be an evangelist for SambaSafety, to speak about our mission and vision persuasively with conviction and passion
- The desire to collaborate cross functionally, to draw on the collective wisdom of your colleges and move quickly to a decision
- Strategic vision coupled with operational execution. You will be the driving force to deliver on our M&A strategy
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment
- Passion for process improvements
- Desire to achieve goals and measure effectiveness through KPIs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to interface with executives and internal stakeholders.
- You must be a storyteller, evangelist, and ambassador for SambaSafety
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of Mergers & Acquisition, in corporate or investment banking environments
- 4+ years of experience working in a SaaS business
- BA/BS Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience as the buy-side M&A deal lead and/or deal sponsor
- Experience in product management and/or strategy
- End-to-end M&A experience: strategy, sourcing, transaction execution, integration
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Corporate Bonus Program
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k Employer Match
- Generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Wellness & Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Lots of SambaSafety swag
- SambaSafety Events
Salary: $115k-$145k based on experience
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!