About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Senior Director of Compliance is an essential member of the compliance team and is responsible for ensuring that Reserve Trust’s compliance programs appropriately address the regulatory risks relative to the firm’s business activities as we build a world-class, highly integrated compliance program. As a Compliance leader, working across the organization, the incumbent will own portions of the enterprise compliance program and provide compliance advice, monitoring and oversight of effective programs, as well as enhance compliance driven reporting. This role will cover compliance areas other than BSA/AML and OFAC. The ideal candidate takes a fresh, innovative approach to compliance.
Essential Job Functions
· Actively engage with the CCO to develop, implement, and maintain Reserve Trust’s compliance program, including policies, procedures, system monitoring, technology and areas of training. This includes benchmarking the program and policies against industry best practices.
· Work closely with the CCO, Legal Department, BSA/AML and OFAC Officer, as well as others across the company.
· Act as Compliance Officer in the absence of the Chief Compliance Officer.
· Proactively identify, manage, and resolve compliance issues and determine the effectiveness of compliance controls working in partnership with the Risk and Independent Testing teams.
· Work with customers to ensure we address their compliance obligations of Reserve Trust.
· Complete all customer/ prospect compliance required correspondence.
· Manage any regulatory updates and implementations pertaining to compliance.
· Assist with gathering and providing compliance-related information and analysis required for responses to litigation matters and law enforcement requests and subpoenas.
· Act as internal and external subject matter expert on compliance matters.
· Oversee compliance activities of, and manage relationships with, compliance related service providers.
· Assist in the management of regulatory examinations, audits, and similar reviews in relationship to Reserve Trust’s activities.
· Interact on behalf of the company, as needed, with regulatory agencies.
· Working with the Director of Independent Testing, to identify areas for a compliance risk-based testing strategy.
· Monitor and, in partnership with the Legal Department, interpret new compliance obligations (e.g., new or revised regulations and guidance), including providing insight into any changes needed to existing or new policies and procedures. Map compliance procedures to current compliance obligations.
· Provide guidance and training to Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Success, and Product staff.
· Review and approve marketing and advertising materials, as well as other public communications.
· Ensure potential conflicts of interest are appropriately managed and disclosed.
· Build a best-in-class team to support the compliance program.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· BS or BA required; law degree strongly preferred
· Compliance certifications preferred
· Deep payments compliance exposure on both the business and consumer sides
· Minimum 10 years of experience supporting the compliance/risk programs
· 10+ years’ experience working with various state and federal regulatory agencies
· 10+ years’ experience writing and implementing policies and procedures
· 5+ years’ experience conducting audits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to act as a Deputy in absence of Chief Compliance Officer
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong verbal and writing skills
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction as needed
· Strong Partnership
· Ability to drive/execute as an individual contributor as well as a people manager
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 – 175,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description