Senior DFIR Analyst (Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Senior DFIR Analyst reports to the Sr. Manager of Digital Forensics and Incident Response (SplunkCIRT). The role is based in San Jose or Tyson’s Corner, VA. This role will be responsible for delivering three core team responsibilities: incident response, digital forensics, and threat hunting. The nature of the work may include after hours and on-call support. You are passionate about DFIR, have a desire to always learn and improve, as well as mentor others. Previous experience in one of the following areas is required: digital forensics, threat hunting, and enterprise incident response. Critical thinking and great communication skills are necessary for this role, as you will be need to convey highly technical concepts and advise decision makers on the best course of action. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- Build strong relationships with business owners and service providers from across Splunk
- Triage, call out, and contain computer security incidents from across multiple Splunk environments, including segmented public cloud environments
- Develop and test incident response playbooks
- Provide digital forensics services including acquisition, analysis, and reporting for Linux, OSX, and Windows endpoints
- Conduct log analysis across a diverse ecosystem of technology to locate root cause of incidents
- Creation and execution of planned and ad-hoc threat hunting missions, which may transition into new detections
- Research and keep up to date on threat actors and new TTPs
- Write detailed incident reports and deliver presentations to key business partners
- Participate in after action reviews and contribute to improvements in the overall security posture of Splunk
- 5+ years professional IT or IT Security experience; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
- 2 years or more of experience as a full time incident responder or forensic analyst
- Knowledge of network security monitoring capabilities including Suricata/Snort signatures, session analysis, and full packet collection
- Knowledge of detecting threat actors across the entire cyber kill chain
- Working knowledge of conducting forensic investigations
- Ability to perform basic static and dynamic malware analysis
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Demonstrated history of solving problems with no obvious solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Solid attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.