Senior Customer Support Engineer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As part of the Customer Support Engineering team at Checkr, the Senior Customer Support Engineer is responsible for providing support to our most valuable customers on their most complex issues. You’ll do this by utilizing your strong understanding of modern web technologies and knack for getting to the bottom of things.
- Provide technical support to our customers and partners through our ticketing system (ZenDesk) and occasionally through screen sharing calls
- Investigate technical issues down to the application level utilizing tools like DataDog and Snowflake, escalating to Engineering as needed
- Own certain processes and procedures undertaken to keep our most valuable customers operating smoothly
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Customer Success and Business Development teams on various initiatives
- Help us build our internal documentation on Confluence to lower response-times and contribute to public documentation found on our Help Center
- Mentor less experienced Customer Support Engineers providing support in the day-to-day and in their ongoing troubleshooting skill sets
What you bring:
- You have a passion for providing excellent customer service, delighting customers comes naturally to you
- Previous experience in a customer facing technical position for a SaaS company
- High-level understanding of of RESTful API’s, networking concepts (TCP/IP), SSO (SAML especially), and cloud architecture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide technical details to a non-technical audience, simplifying complexities in a kind and clear manner
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to use deductive and inductive reasoning to work through complex issues, intuition is something you pride yourself on
- Experience in or ability to learn using Postman, DataDog, or Snowflake tools
- If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.